Saturday, February 14, 2009

V Day

Firstly, Happy Valentine's day! I hope this day and every day is filled with love.

This post isn't about Valentine's day. It's about treadmills! Something we'll all need after today, right? Or is it just me? I am secretly hoping for some chocolate, but I don't really know if I want it, since it is so hard to back track.

Anyway, my point of this post is to share with you an excellent treadmill tip! I hate the monotonous activity, walking walking walking-getting no where, staring at the wall, as I was. I tried to read a magazine but it was just too tiny to see. The parts I did catch though, I didn't even realize I was walking as I was engrossed in the article. (which was about tinnitis, which is neither here nor there) So, I thought, if I could find a large print book that I like-that'd be awesome to walk to. I of course googled it, because I google everything. Aparently, this was not a new idea..lots of people were talking about walking to a book. So, I just had to find one. I was doubtful there were many large print books of any interest to me, but I was wrong! Went to the library and happened to pick out of the tiny, large print section, a book that I am loving! The trick is, I can only read it if I am on the treadmill. Last night was SO easy and I am actually looking forward to doing it again tonight! So there you go. Get a book. If you like to read. Which I do.

I'll gladly share the titles that interest me if anyone is looking for ideas.

That is all. Get back to making your valentines. Or get to the store already to buy them. Procrastinator!

1 comment:

kimmyk said...

you should try audio books. that way you can get lost in the story and still work and not try to keep your place when walking.

just a suggestion.

hope you had a good day!