Sunday, February 1, 2009

yesterday...

Yesterday, Matt and I had a date-night planned. We hired a sitter (someone Matt works with) and made plans to watch the UFC fight. Initially the plans were to include his friend, who was to be visiting-but he had canceled. We were excited to get out together anyway. Things didn't go as planned though.. apparently Saturday nights are busy places causing a pretty lengthy wait for food or drink. Who knew? (I probably shouldn't have waited to eat-trying to save up a calorie allowance for the meal I intended on comsuming) So, we missed the fight, but enjoyed the night listening to some local music venue.

On our way out the door though, at 8:30, there was a knock at the door. Actually it was the doorbell, but the knock part sounded better. It was a neighbor, who learned we had visited her church. She brought cookies. Chocolate chip cookies that is..my ultimate weakness. Anyway, she was super sweet and I was super touched that she would come out that late on a chilly night to welcome us to the neighborhood and to the church. Her gesture was greatly appreciated and included those still warm, fresh baked, homemade cookies. They were gone before we hit the sack. By the way. In case you wondered. Which I thought you might.

4 comments:

Kate said...

Yay for cc cookies! And a night out with music is more my thang...glad you got some alone time in :o)

Angela said...

That is great.

I am sure you guys felt very special.

Glad you had a good time out.

kimmyk said...

i totally love old ladies like that.
love them and there basket of goodies.

glad to hear you got a date night! those are always fun!

cc1sillygoose said...

I want the chocolate chip cookie angle to visit me....lucky!