Wednesday, March 4, 2009

no name

Here is a disjointed post, because I don't have the mental ability to create a more coherant post right now.

*Spent all night in the ER with a croupy Drew night before last.

*We are all sickies, poor Matt has to go to work that way.

*I want to crawl back in bed under the covers.

*As soon as I realized our tax refund was in, I made it dissappear just as quickly as it came, simply by paying some bills.

*It is a relief to be able to pay those bills.

*Credit is just a trap. Avoid it at all costs.

*Our gas bill is GI-NORMOUS.

*The back of the house off the kitchen is NOT insulated, causing much heat loss in the home. Our thermostat was set on 73 or 74 and it was still cold down stairs.

*Problem remedied by simply hanging a thermal backed curtain in the doorway, the thermostat is set 3 degrees cooler and it is just as warm. I am hoping my gas bill reflects this change in a BIG way!

*Drew just turned 2 and I feel like I missed it, even though I was there.

*My head feels foggy, and it isn't because I am sick.

*I have clean laundry in the basement that I really need to bring up and take care of.

*Today is Wednesday and there aren't any good deals at food lion this week.

*I am making hamburger helper for dinner.

*I cheated on my diet for Drew's birthday. I ate pizza for the first time in a year. It wasn't worth it, but the chocolate chip cookies we made and ate that night sure were!

*the end.

5 comments:

Kate said...

blah...that's how I feel too. we're not sick right now tho...remind me to go knock on some wood...croup is scary! Get better all of you!

kimmyk said...

sorry to hear you guys are all sick and y'all spent the night in the ER. hospitals have a way of sucking days out of your life.

Don Mills Diva said...

Sorry to hear about all the sickness - hope you are all feeling better soon!

My last gas bill was ginormous too - I felt ill when I saw it.

Amanda said...

I like disjointed posts :)

cc1sillygoose said...

My favorite quote ( that I repeat daily) is "this to shall pass" Wishing you the best....